2 x 16 ounce beef sirloin steaks
1/3 pint Meantime IPA
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1. Preheat your grill at a high heat.
2. Use a fork to poke holes all over the surface of the steaks, and place steaks in a large baking dish.
3. In a bowl, mix together beer, teriyaki sauce, tomato puree and brown sugar.
4. Pour the sauce over the steaks, and let it sit and marinade for about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and garlic , and set aside for 10 minutes.
6. Turn steaks over, sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper, and garlic, and continue marinating for 10 more minutes.
7. Remove steaks from the marinade and pour the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to the boil, and cook for several minutes.
8. Lightly oil the grill. Grill steaks until done to your liking. During the last few minutes of grilling, baste the steaks with the boiled marinade to enhance the flavour and ensure juiciness.